Sunday, August 5, 2018

Discussion 18 A very well articulated opinion

I am writing anonymously to give you my honest feedback on this ITAL 1510 class. I spent a lot of money to be able to take this class and so far I have wasted that and 95% of the time.

Here's why:

1. You are very condescending, rude and disrespectful. It is as if you are trying to make up for you sad, pathetic life. You take way to many points for the most unnecessary things. Words are inadequate to describe how foolish this is!

2. I have never taken a class where it was demanded that I send a picture of myself as a requirement. This is ridiculous and unnecessary! I believe that you care about what we look like so you can place us in a box to judge us based on your own ignorance. This is race based!

3. Your video, the ones where you try to explain the lectures are not helpful because for most of the lecture you ramble on and on with your own personal opinion rather than providing an unbiased one. And a good example of this is the videos that were included in the last assignments. You raved on and on about how wrong the facts are in the movie - a movie you requested us to watch! Then, you focused mostly on the correct pronunciation of Michaelangelo's name. It pains my poor ears to listen to you speak.

4. Have you ever thought about how you can teach this class in a way where it might actually educate us? 98% of this class is a waste of time because what the fuck does "my intellectual curiosity" have to do with anything? How do you foresee this as educating me?

5. Why do we have to comment on a post of someone else? What if we don't find anything on the post interesting enough to comment? 

6. The way the course is structured is very confusing. There are materials on the course's homepage for some other class all thrown together. Finding out what you need to do is like searching through a puzzle.

7. I just don't understand what you asking when you post questions on that ridiculous blog of yours. What exactly are you asking for in Discussion 17? I bet only God can answer this. The same thing with the aug 6th assignment, you ramble on on on and still didn't get to the point. What exactly do you mean? What do you want!?

8. How are you expecting adults with lives to watch 8 different videos for one assignment? Have you ever thought about how these videos could benefit your students?! 

9. I wish I could be refunded for this waste of time, money and energy! I'm so disappointed. I don't understand how people like you get to educate other people. What a waste!

10. Your instructions are never clear. Maybe you should attempt to answer the questions in the current assignment, you will understand what I am talking about!

11. I am so frustrated and I wish I hadn't taken this class or that I dropped it before losing so much money. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an uncomfortable position this puts the rest of the students in to respond to this. We are not here to attack our professors or other students. I do not have anything to say other then this is not the platform for students and professors to hash out any issues or concerns they have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am NOT asking for comments or replies. However, this is part of the process of education and critical thinking. This is the best stimulus I can think of for an evaluation (private? public?) of experiences.

    ReplyDelete